Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
The key is having pre-baked sweet potatoes ready to go. Throw 8-10 in the oven on a baking sheet (after washing and poking with a fork) for 50 minutes and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The chicken, being crock-pot friendly, makes it easy to cook ahead of time so all that’s left is the snack assembly.
Ingredients (use organic food whenever possible)
· 1 – 1.5 pounds organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breast
· 1 – 14oz BPA free can diced tomatoes
· 3 – Chipotle peppers (canned in adobo) minced (do not put in the liquid from the
· 1 – Avocado
· 1/2 tsp cumin
· 1/4 tsp chili
· 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
· 1/4 tsp sea salt
· 6-8 Large baked sweet potatoes
· Add chicken, tomatoes, Chipotle peppers** (without the liquid from the can) and
spices to crock-pot and cook 6-8 hours on low (or 3-4 on high).
· Remove chicken from crock-pot and shred with a fork and knife.
· Scoop out about 1/2 of the insides of the sweet potatoes (Save for another use!)
· Re-heat sweet potato skins in the oven until warm.
· Spoon chicken onto potatoes, garnish with avocado and cilantro
**The Chipotle pepper can be hot/spicy so add to taste. In addition the liquid that they come in can be VERY hot/spicy so use sparingly and to taste.